Been to an NFL game? - No
Been to Canada? - No
Visited Florida? - No
Visited Mexico? - No
Visited Vegas? - No
Eaten alone at a restaurant? - Yes, quite a few times
Ability to read music? - No, I am not musically inclined at all
Rode a motorcycle? - No. It is something I would have liked to try, as a passenger.
Ridden a horse? - Yes, but it was a very very calm one, I only had to stay on it's back, it knew the route by heart.
Stayed in a hospital? - possibly as a child, but not as far as I remember.
Donated blood? - No.
Been snow skiing? - Yes. Liked it well enough at school, then came to dislike it. I am thinking of trying again, but that had been just an idea for past five years.
Been to Disney World or Disney Land? - No
Slept outside? - Just yesterday.
Driven a stick shift? - I learned to drive one, but I never drove on my own.
Ridden in an 18 wheeler? - No
Driven a boat? - If you mean oars or sail - yes, if you mean motorboat then no.
Eaten Escargot? - No
Been on a cruise? - I wish, they are too expensive.
Run out of gas? - No, as I don't drive
Been on TV? - No
Eaten Sushi? - yes, love it.
Work PC needed only a reboot - it got a big batch of Windows updates and choked on them. But dealing with phone provider is not urgent, so i put it off until next week. Sister finally got work-table delivered yesterday and today she is on dacha with parents. I am on that time of month and so I am staying at home, catsitting as parents have no intention to come back until tomorrow.
So my plans for today are laundry and ironing, preparing lunch for tomorrow and then off to parents to bother cat and scan photos. And treat cat with anti-mite drops so that parents can take her with them next time. Poor Irisa is so bored, she didn't even try to kill vet this time.
After working until midnight yesterday, my work computer decided to cut my today's work short. i don't know it it overheated or caught a big Windows update, but it went offline an hour before end of workday and isn't getting up.
Ok, I did need a few free hours today, going to fight my phone provider that I am leaving, why suddenly they say that my ID data doesn't match the one I provided by company I am changing to. I want to keep my number, so it is a big issue.
And my parents just called me. They are off to dacha until Thursday. Since Irisa doesn't have her shots yet, I am cat-sitting. Meaning, I will sleep at parents' flat and then go back to my own for work.
At least I won't be able to pull crazy overtime now. And if I'll remember to pack mother's laptop, I can scan more photos!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Don't have a closet, but I would have kept door closed if I had it.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? No, I don't even touch them. I do take slippers if room comes with them.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out of the mattress? In, I move too much in my sleep.
4. Have you stolen a street sign before? No.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? Yes, but only for some things.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? No, I never cut coupons.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Bees, I'd like to have a chance of surviving.
8. Do you have freckles? No.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Only if I am asked.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Don't know, actually.
11. Do you ever count steps when you walk? No.
12. Have you peed in the woods? Yes.
13. Do you chew your pens and pencils? No.
14. What size is your bed? It is fold-out sofa, that folds out to a queen size, but I sleep on it folded so it is 1.5 size I think.
15. What is your song of the week? No idea.
16. Is it OK for guys to wear pink? Why not?
17. Do you still watch cartoons? Oh yes. Especially old Soviet ones.
18. What do you drink with dinner? Tea.
19. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? I don't remember last time I had them.
20. Were you ever a boy/Girl Scout? Not a thing over here. I was a little Octobrist, but Soviet union fell the year when I was supposed to become a Pioneer.
21. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone? Several years ago.
22. Can you change the oil on a car? No.
23. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? No, hard to do that without a car.
24. Ever ran out of gas? No.
25. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich? all sandwiches I ever tried were nasty.
26. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes.
27. How many languages can you speak? Two.
28. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? No.
29. Which are better: legos or Lincoln logs? Legos, never heard about others.
30. Are you stubborn? Yes.
31. Have you ever watched soap operas? Way back as a child. Never had patience to follow what is going on there.
32. Are you afraid of heights? Yes, but t never stops me from climbing somewhere.
33. Do you sing in the car? I did, but only as a child.
34. Ever shot a gun? Yes.
35. Do you think musicals are cheesy? No.
36. Is Christmas stressful? No.
37. Occupations you wanted to be when you were younger? A teacher, a doctor, a nature explorer.
38. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Yes.
39. First concert you attended? Scorpions
40. Walmart, Target, or Kmart? None of them around.
41. Nike or Adidas? Don't really care.
42. Cheetos or Fritos? Neither
43. Can you curl your tongue? Only a little.
44. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? No.
45. Own any record albums? Parents did, but they threw them all out before I got my own flat. Would have loved to keep them.
46. Own a record player? Same as above.
47. Ever been in love? No, only crushes.
48. Ever won a contest? No.
49. Do you miss anyone right now? Yes.
50. Who are you going to tag to do this survey next? Whoever wants to.
We are having heavy winds, some say even near hurricane. Wind started yesterday and got only stronger through night. I had to bring in all flowers from balcony and close all windows. And there was some snow drifting down when I woke up. VK is full of photos of night destruction - broken trees, fly-away bus-stops and roofs, crushed cars. From my window I can see a big tree that fell down across where three to five cars usually parked - I think owners decided to park them in garages because they don't use them every day now.
My head is not happy at all, I am bordering a migraine. Had to start morning with some aspirin hoping to prevent it.
Yea, our "shelter in place" orders just got extended until end of April. Don't know how it will go in my company, still 30 minutes until I log in.
But one thing for sure - I am making a shopping run today and I am including some sport equipment in "necessary" list. So I will go not to a closest store but to a bit more remote supermarket. Better a longer shopping run now than an entirely avoidable call to ER later with a migraine attack.